Monday, August 31, 2009

Anxious for the Beginning

People call me Samm. I transferred to Rhode Island College from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. I am a Junior, Elementary Education major with a passion for children and dance. When I am not in school, I am dancing, teaching dance, babysitting, assisting my mom in her first grade classroom, or hanging around with my family. I am very anxious to have my own class and to follow in my mother's footsteps in being a teacher that goes above and beyond for her students. In the future, I hope to have a family of my own, be a successful first or second grade teacher, as well as continue educating children and young adults in the art of dance. Although I am quiet, I am an extremely determined, hardworking student; who looks forward to gaining much knowledge and experience in education this semester.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Rhode Island College, Samm. It sounds as if you've been initiated into the world of teaching through your mom. Looking forward to your contributions this term.

    Dr. August

    ReplyDelete